Policies & Etiquette
To provide the PGA TOUR professionals with an environment free of interruptions, autographs are not allowed during Tournament play. After the conclusion of play, golfers may sign autographs at their option. Please respect the players' on-course concentration and do not ask them for autographs during their rounds.
Mobile Device Rules and Regulations
- Devices must be on silent mode at all times while on the tournament grounds.
- Phone calls may be placed or answered only in designated “Cell Phone Zones” (refer to the on-site signage to find the Cell Phone Zone nearest you).
- Devices may not be used to capture audio or video recording at any time during tournament week.
- Still photography is permitted during the Northern Trust Collegiate Showcase (Monday, February 15) and during practice and pro-am rounds.
- During official competition rounds (Thursday - Sunday), still photography is prohibited within any areas of competition (i.e., teeing grounds, tee shot landing areas and on/around putting greens) or when requested by tournament staff, security, players or player representatives. Still photography in non-competition areas is permitted. Any device with a lens is considered a camera whether it makes a call or not.
- Selfie sticks are prohibited on tournament grounds and will be confiscated.
- Data use (e.g., texting, emailing) is permitted on the tournament grounds outside of the designated “Cell Phone Zones.” Data use is NOT permitted when players are in position to compete (i.e., when QUIET PLEASE paddles are raised).
Note: Neither the Northern Trust Open nor the PGA TOUR will be responsible for any damages to, or loss of, any confiscated items.
See what to bring when attending the tournament.