Northern Trust Open Exemption
The Northern Trust Open Exemption awards playing privileges to one top minority golfer not otherwise qualified for the tournament.
This unrestricted exemption will be extended to a top golfer who represents the advancement of diversity in golf and who would not otherwise be eligible to compete in the Northern Trust Open. To qualify, the applicant (either professional or amateur) must have a USGA handicap of zero or better.
Candidates will be identified through a number of sources, including:
- The PGA TOUR
- PGA of America, through the PGA Minority Collegiate Golf Championship
- Web.com Tour
- The First Tee
- World Golf Foundation
- Bill Dickey Scholarship Association
- National and international outreach efforts to include potential recipients of Hispanic and Asian descent
- Monday, November 2, 2015 - Online application will be available
- Monday, January 11, 2016 - Application closes
- Monday, January 18, 2016 - Exemption winner announced
For more information, please contact Bo DeHuff.
The recipient will be selected by the tournament office and Northern Trust.