Volunteer at the Northern Trust Open
Unlike any other professional sport, the PGA TOUR relies on more than 100,000 volunteers each year to run its events. At the Northern Trust Open, our volunteers play an invaluable role. They take on the tasks, large and small, necessary to keep the tournament running smoothly.
As a volunteer, you get a behind-the-scenes, unparalleled PGA TOUR experience. Volunteers are involved in every aspect of the tournament, from Admissions and Communications to Marshals and Scoring. Time commitments vary depending on the committee.
- Work at least two full days
- Purchase your own uniform ($70 for new volunteers; $20 for returning volunteers)
- Be at least 16 years old by February 11, 2014
- Admissions (Tickets/ Will Call) – Sell tickets help with Will Call; meet and greet spectators; answers FAQs; maintain Lost & Found; collect prohibited items.
- Caddies – Assist with all aspects of caddie relations.
- Carts – Allocate and maintain carts throughout tournament week
- Communications – Must have good people and phone skills. This committee begins one week before the tournament.
- Corporate Hospitality – Greet guests and checks credentials at sponsored hospitality locations. Assist marshals with noise control as needed.
- Ecology – Assists with the placement of trash containers, monitoring volume throughout the day and, when necessary, removal of on-course debris.
- Golf Events/Pro-Am Services – Help amateur contestants before and after Pro-Am, including greeting and check in and gift bag distribution
- Marshals – Control noise and gallery activities; assist with the moving players from the range to the putting green to the tee or on and off course during delays, as needed.
- Media Services – Help at on-site center for journalists covering the tournament.
- Mobile Device Task Force – Help spectators understand the new cell phone policies and directing spectators who want to use their phones to the mobile zones.
- Roping & Staking – Stakes and rope off all areas of play, as well as spectator and corporate traffic areas.
- ShotLink – “Shoot” balls with a laser to measure their exact location for the ShotLink scoring system.
- Standard Bearer – Help maintain accurate player scores while assisting professionals’ groups.
- Transportation – Pick up and return golf professionals and management staff to airports; drive players, family members and other VIPs.
- Volunteer Hospitality – Help assemble and distribute volunteer uniform packages; manage Volunteer Hospitality tent during tournament week.
- Walking Scorer/Scoring – Record statistics and scores for players as part of the ShotLink system.
- Warehouse/Sponsor Services – Distribute on course refreshments and snacks to players, staff and volunteers; receive and inventory daily package arrivals.